What is spiritual meditation?
Spiritual meditation is an experience and a way of life. In its vast sense it’s about forming a deeper connection with your spirit or individual self. It’s rooted in self-reflection and all-encompassing spiritual awareness. The progress of spiritual enlightenment is slow. Different religions practice this in different ways. Spiritual meditation has a ripple effect. Benefiting not only those who practice but also all those with who they are associated.
Benefits of spiritual meditation:
- Spiritual meditation is deeply rooted in your belief system; therefore, it mentally and emotionally empowers you to realise who you really are.
- It assists you to deal with your past trauma by tapping into your inner reservoir of self-healing potential.
- Spiritual meditation isn’t about controlling your thoughts, it is about using the power of your thoughts to heal yourself physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Practicing spiritual meditation relaxes you and helps you get better sleep.
- Reduced stress leads to better performance and increased productivity.
How to get started:
- Find a quiet place where you can sit in silence undisturbed.
- Close your eyes and relax. Pay attention and become one with your surroundings.
- Regulated breathing is the most important part of spiritual mediation.
- While you are breathing think about how you feel. Take in all the positivity and let out all the negativities.
- You can also try humming ‘Aum’.
- In the end, say a small prayer of gratitude for yourself, your loved ones, and the world at large.
- Relax. Open your eyes whenever ready.
Where can you learn spiritual meditation:
The best way to learn spiritual meditation is to get trained under a spiritual guide or master, either by going to a meditation centre, or you can choose from the many online tools available.
Here are few:
- SauYoga Spiritual School – Nasik, Maharashtra
It’s a global spiritual school teaching the importance of spirituality and practice of meditation.
- Heartfulness Meditation Centre – Bhavnagar, Gujarat
It’s a volunteer based not for profit organisation with a vision to spread the message of spiritual growth through meditation.
- Infinite Healing – Mumbai, Maharashtra
It offers a holistic alternative approach to a healthier lifestyle by adopting yoga and meditation.
- ThinkRight.me – App
It uses the power of meditation and different mindfulness techniques to help you grow mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Soulvana – App
It’s a daily spirituality app that helps you hone the different areas of your life for a happier and healthier you.
Enhance your emotional and spiritual wellbeing by using this very powerful meditation technique.